Datasmith integrates National Treasury’s Central Supplier Database with National Research Foundation’s Finance System
The South African National Treasury released the Central Supplier Database in 2015, to be utilised by all Organs of State (OOS). As per the instruction note from National Treasury, with effect from 1 April 2016, accounting officers and accounting authorities may not award any bid to a supplier who is not registered on the CSD.
The Central Supplier Database (CSD) maintains a database of organisations, institutions and individuals who can provide goods and services to the government.
The National Research Foundation (NRF) manages nine (9) business units, namely: SKA SA Project, Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory, iThemba LABS, National Zoological Gardens of SA, SA Astronomical Observatory, SA Environmental Observation Network, SA Agency for Science and Technology Advancement, SA Institute for Aquatic Biodiversity and Research and Innovation Support and Advancement.
NRF contracted Datasmith to integrate National Treasury’s CSD with Microsoft Dynamics, the NRF’s finance system. The solution provides a synchronised local copy of the CSD data, to an application called Group Creditors. The NRF procurement policies are applied to the local dataset, ensuring NRF only procures from CSD compliant suppliers / service providers, in Microsoft Dynamics.
CSD Integration highlights:
• Search CSD suppliers by location (nationwide, province, district, city or town)
• Search CSD suppliers by commodity (segment, family, class and item)
• Search by other supplier information such as industry, supplier type, compliance status, government employee, registration dates, BBBEE certificate and expiration dates among other search criteria
• Search with a ‘Waive Tax Clearance Certificate Requirement’ for transactions with value of less than R30 000 VAT Inclusive
• Supports randomised supplier searches to promote rotation of suppliers engaged for quotations.
• Shows compliant suppliers according to the NRF’s compliance rules
• Allows users to only do business with CSD compliant suppliers / service providers
• Supports synchronization to the CSD using Bulk Data services or Real Time Services