Our focus is in the disciplines of Integrated Financials and Enterprise Resource Planning, Supply Chain. Warehousing and Customer Relationship Management.
Datasmith is MICT SETA accredited which means that we comply with specific regulations ensuring that our training programs are nationally recognised.
Datasmith’s competencies: Microsoft Gold Enterprise Resource Planning, Vocollect.
Datasmith (Pty) Ltd. was founded in September 1997 in Cape Town. The founding intent being, Yesterday’s Ethics, Tomorrow’s Technology, Today.
The name Datasmith, describes a vocation nurtured through focus and time by craftsmen. Data describes where an organization comes from, where they are now, and where they are going to. Business Systems manage the flow of data through an organisation, enabling an articulate understanding of the present, and provide tools to navigate the future. Datasmith has over 100,000 hours business systems implementation and support experience.
Microsoft Dynamics GP
A successful implementation of Microsoft Dynamics GP requires a team with multi-disciplinary experience including; financial processes, technical skills, project management and applied implementation methodologies.
Datasmith has nurtured one of the best implementation teams in the industry, through consistent successful delivery of Dynamics GP implementations in Southern Africa.
In an industry categorised by short lived successes we are one of the oldest Dynamics GP partners in South Africa, with one of the highest number of customers.
Our ability to deliver Dynamics GP solutions, that address not just financial but operational requirements, designed for each business’ specific processes.
Datasmith uses the Microsoft Sure Step Methodology (based on PMBok).
This approach can be configured to meet the requirements of each unique implementation undertaken.
Benefits that can be realized by using a project management methodology:
• Provides an overview of the implementation process.
• Accomplish goals in the minimum time with the minimum amount of resources.
• Define the resources required and to guarantee their availability at the right time.
• Clarify roles and responsibilities, provide a platform for cooperation.
• Effective communication,
• Define decision-making responsibility.
• Measure progress.
• Control the implementation with milestones.
• The use of a standard implementation methodology (Microsoft Sure Step), based on a project management approach, establishes a level of consistency.
• It also increases our capacity to implement by providing template processes that can be reused on every engagement, reducing the amount of rework and reinvention that’s required for each new customer.
• Datasmith delivers complete solutions from the front office, including retail and relationship management, through Integration, to back office and business intelligence